Dr. Pawan K. Taneja, Assistant Professor
Dr Pawan Kumar Taneja, is a policy analyst specialized in the health system, financing, and Management of Public Sector Enterprises, working as Sr. Faculty (Finance & Operations Research) at Indian Institute of Public Administration, New Delhi. Apart from PhD and three master’s degrees in management, he has done Diploma in Leadership Development from MEASURE Evaluation, msh (Management Science for Health) and Certificate Course in Global Health from Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health. He has more than 18 years of rich varied experience in teaching, research and industry. Before joining IIPA he has worked with prestigious institutes such as Indian Institute of Health Management Research (IIHMR), New Delhi, IIMT, Gurgaon, PCTE, Ludhiana etc. He has worked in Industry as Asst. Chartered Accountant with L R Kansal & Associates. He has led and coordinated more than 25 research projects in the areas of Healthcare Financing, CSR, Skill Development, Public Health, Communication, climate change and healthcare, and Disaster Management supported by NITI Aayog, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Ministry of Skill Development, UNICEF, WHO, BMGF etc. He has widely published in Journal of Business Ethics, Public Money & Management and Acta Tropica etc. He is helping senior officials of CPSEs, Bureaucrats of India and Foreign Countries for Leadership Skills, Strategic, Project and Financial Management.
- 46th Advanced Professional Programme in Public Administration
- International Training Programme on Strategic Financial & Risk Management (2 Weeks)
- International Training Programme on Project & Risk Management for Russians (2 Weeks)
- International Training Programme on Project Management for Public Works (4 Weeks)
- International Training Programme on Global Strategic Leadership for Growth and Sustainable Development (4 Weeks)
- International Training Programme on Project & Risk Management for Afghan National (2 Weeks)
- Financial Management for Scientists & Technologists (One Week)
- Hospital and Healthcare Administration (One Week)
- Advanced Leadership Programme for Growth-Oriented Leadership for Sustainable Development in collaboration with Potsdam University Germany and European Institute of Asian Studies, Belgium (One Month)
- Leadership and strategic management for middle-level executives /young leaders (One Week)
- Evaluation of National AIDS Control organization (Jan 2020)
- Third-Party Evaluation of the Scheme of ISTM Augmentation of Training Facilities at ISTM (July 2020)
- Impact of Employment oriented training and skill development programme for SC/ST/OBC/ Women & EWS of society for 2000 persons under PFC’s CSR initiative through Construction Industry Development Council (CIDC) (July 2020)
- Rapid Assessment of Swasth Nagarik Abhiyan (SAN) of erstwhile IEC Programme (Oct 2020)
- Dogra, N., Dey, S., Taneja, P. K., Kumar, V., & Deepika, G. (2020). An Ecological Study for the Association of Long Term PM2. 5 with COVID-19 Mortality at the District Level in India. Climatological, Meteorological, and Environmental factors in the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Taneja S., Taneja P.K. and Rao, U. (2019), “Sahaj: A Sustainable Development PPP Model for Empowering Rural Lives” The Case Centre UK, Case Reference No. 719-0039-1
- Taneja P.K. and Taneja, S. (2020), “Managing natural disaster risk with earthquake damage scenarios and shakeout exercises: Lessons from Mw= 8 Mandi multi-stakeholders’ scenario in India” International Journal of Population Studies, 6 (1), 30-40.
- Jain, A., Taneja P.K., Kansal, M., Joshi, M. (2021), “Is Indian CSR Law Working for the Public Sector? Regulator and Regulated Perspectives” Public Money & Management, (Online)
Kansal, M., Taneja, P.K., Jain, A., Joshi, M. (2019), “India’s grand experiment in corporate social responsibility is heading for trouble”, The Conversation, March 13, 2019
- Dogra, N., Kakde, V., & Taneja, P. (2019). Decision tool for climate disasters and infectious disease at sub-national level in India: Ensuring a paradigm shift in health planning from prevalence to vulnerability. Acta tropica, 191, 60-68.
- Davidson, D. K., Tanimoto, K., Jun, L. G., Taneja, S., Taneja, P. K., & Yin, J. (2018). Corporate social responsibility across Asia: a review of four countries. Corporate Social Responsibility.
- Taneja, P.K., Debnath, R. (2018), “Roll On, Roll Off Shipping in India: Barriers and the Way Forward” Economic and Political Weekly, 53(11), 58-63.
- Taneja, P. K., & Taneja, S. (2016). Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana (RSBY) for universal health coverage. Asian Journal of Management Cases, 13(2), 108-124.
Indian Institute of Public Administration
I P Estate, Ring Road, ITO
Official Email: pktaneja@iipa[dot]education