Debnath, Roma Mitra
Roma Mitra Debnath,
Ph.D. (Management), M.Phil. (Statistics), M.A. (statistics)
Designation: Assistant Professor
Area: Applied Statistician
Contact Details: 011-23468376 (D), 9310338939 (M)
AREAS OF INTERESTS
Managerial Statistics, Operations Research, Business Research, Six Sigma
· Indian Institute of Public Administration (IIPA) 2012 onwards
· Institute of Management Technology (IMT), Ghaziabad, (2009- 2012).
Institute for Integrated Learning in
Management-Graduate School of Management (IILM-GSM),
Greater Noida (2006 to 2009).
· FORE School of Management, New Delhi. (2001 to 2006).
· Lady Shri Ram College, Delhi University (1999- 2001).
(International Refereed journals)
- Singh, R. and Debnath, M. Roma (2012), “Modeling Sustainable Development: India's strategy for the future”, World Journal of Science, Technology and Sustainable development (Emerald Publication), Vol. 9, No. 2. pp. 120-135.
- Debnath, M. Roma and Shankar, R. (2012), “Emerging trend of Customer Satisfaction in Academic process”, communicated to International Journal of Quality & Reliability Management (Emerald Publication) Under Review.
- Debnath M. Roma, Kumar, S. and Shankar, R., (2012), “Improving service quality in Technical Education: Application of Interpretive Structural Modeling”, communicated to Quality Assurance in Education (Emerald Publisher) Under Review.
- Debnath M. Roma and Shankar R., (2012), A happy planet: An application of Data Envelopment Analysis”, communicated to Social Indicators Research ( Kluwer Academic Publications) Under review
- Debnath, M. Roma and Shankar, R. (2009), “Assessing Performance of Management Institutions: An Application of Data Envelopment Analysis”, The TQM Journal, Vol. 21, No.1, pp.20-33. (Emerald Publisher)
- Debnath M. Roma, Shankar R. and Kumar S. (2008), " Performance Evaluation of Technical Institutions – An Application of Data Envelopment Analysis”, Education, Knowledge and Economy, Vol. 2, No. 1, pp. 51-66. (Taylor and Francis Publisher)
- Debnath M. Roma, Shankar, R. and Kumar, S. (2008), “Outlining the voice of customers in Technical Education” International Journal of Management in Education, Vol.2, No.2, pp. 195-221. (Inderscience Publisher)
- Debnath, M. Roma and Shankar, R., (2008), “Benchmarking Telecommunication Service in India: An Application of Data Envelopment Analysis”, Benchmarking: An International Journal, Volume 15, No. 5, pp.584-598. (Emerald Publisher)
- Debnath, M. Roma and Shankar, R. (2008), "Measuring Performance of Indian Banks: an application Data Envelopment Analysis", International Journal of Business Performance Management, Vol. 10, No. 1, pp. 57-85. (Inderscience Publisher)
(National Refereed journals)
1. Debnath M.
Roma, Kumar, S. and Shankar, R.
(2007), "Graph Theory Approach for TQM
Evaluation of Technical Institutions", The Journal of Engineering Education, Vol. XX-4 & XI-1, pp.96-109
2. Debnath M. Roma and Shankar R., (2006), “Measuring Performance of Mobile Service Providers: An Application of Data Envelopment Analysis” Asia Pacific Business Review, Vol. II, Issue I, January-June, pp.38-64.
3. Debnath M. Roma and Shankar R., (2005), “Modeling Service Quality Issues in Management Education: Taguchi's Robust Design Approach”, Pragyaan, Vol. 2 Issue 3, October pp. 38-46.
4. Debnath M. Roma, Surender Kumar, Shankar R., and Ranjit K. Roy, (2005), “Students’ satisfaction in Management Education: Study and Insights” Decision, Vol 32, No. 2, July-December, pp. 139-155.
5. Debnath M. Roma and Shankar R., (2005), “An Application of Taguchi’s Robust Design Approach for Hospital Services in India”, Productivity, Vol 45, No.4 (Jan-Mar), pp. 660-666
6. Debnath M. Roma (2003), “Taguchi’s Robust Design and its Alternatives: A Review”, The Paradigm, Vol VIII, No. 2, December pp.40-59.
“The Effectiveness of Khadi and Village Industries Corporation (KVIC) initiatives in Rural Marketing in Delhi & NCR region in India”.
CONFERENCE / SYMPOSIUM
 Debnath M. Roma and Shankar, R., (2005), “Optimization of service parameters for Indian hospitals: Taguchi’s Robust Design Approach”, Proceeding of Operational Research Society of India, January, pp. 65-77.
 Debnath M. Roma, Kumar, S. and Shankar, R. (2007) “Measuring efficiency of Technical Institutions – An Application of Data Envelopment Analysis”, presented in Eighth International Conference on Operations and Quantitative Management (ICOQM-8) organized by AIMS International, International Forum of Management Scholars (INFOMS) and ABAC School of Management, Assumption University, Bangkok, Thailand (17th -20th October, 2007). Also won the first prize in the doctoral paper competition.
 Debnath M. Roma and Shankar, R., (2008), “Performance evaluation and Benchmarking of Indian Banks: An Application Data Envelopment Analysis”, presented in International Conference on Data Management (25th and 26th February, 2008) at Institute of Management Technology, Ghaziabad.
 Debnath M. Roma, Shankar, R. and Kumar, S. (2008), “Emerging trend of Customer Satisfaction in Academic Process: An Application SPC & Taguchi’s Robust Parameter Design” presented in International Conference of Education, Research and Innovation organized by International Association of Technology, Education and Development (IATED), held in Madrid, Spain (17th -19th November, 2008).
 Singh R. and Debnath M. Roma. (2010), “Modeling sustainable development: India’s strategy for future”, Presented in International Conference on Sustainable Development: Management and Beyond at IIM Shillong, (8-11th December 2010).
 Debnath M.Roma and Shankar R. (2011), “Modeling Barriers of Management Education: An Application of Interpretive Structural Modeling” presented in Eighth AIMS International Conference on Management (AIMS-8) at IIM Ahmedabad, held during January 1-4, 2011.
 Debnath M. Roma and Shankar R. (2011), Happy Planet: An application of DEA” presented in 9th International Conference on Data Envelopment Analysis (DEA2011) at Thessaloniki - Greece, August 25th -27th , 2011.
 Dev, N., Shankar, R. and Debnath, M. Roma (2012), “Study of Lead Time and Review Period Changes on Supply Chain Efficiency: A Simulation cum DEA Approach ”, presented in International Conference on Manufacturing Research 2012, at Aston University 11-13 September 2012.