Reddy,: Dr. C. Sheela
Name : Dr. C. Sheela Reddy
Designation : Associate Professor in Socio-Political
Development (Applied Social Science)
Qualifications : M.A, (
Qualified NET in Public Administration
Telephone : +91-11-23468376(O) +91- 8826966900(M)
E-Mail : email@example.com
Teaching/Research Experience: 13years
Broad Areas of Interest : Governance, Public Policy issues, International Relations
The Relevance of Non-Alignment- Dr. C. Sheela Reddy, published by Agarala Publishers, Tirupati,
M. Anantha sayanam Ayyangar - Dr. C. Sheela Reddy, published by Agarala Publishers, Tirupati, 2010(ISBN: 978-81-910156-5-2)
· People’s Participation: It’s Kinds and Methods in People’s Participation in Development edited by K. Sudha Rani, Discovery Publishing House Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi, 2011, pp.21-26.
UPA II – Corruption in South Asia Politics,
· MGNREGA- Inclusive Growth in South Asia Politics, New Delhi, Vol.10, No. 1, June, 2011, pp.15-17.
· Higher Education for Sustainable Development in University News – A Weekly Journal of Higher Education, New Delhi, Vol.48, No.47, November 22-28, 2010, pp. 1-5.
· Access to ICTs: Need for Enhancing Capabilities in University News – A Weekly Journal of Higher Education, New Delhi, Vol. 48, No. 21, 2010, pp. 3-10.
· Asia’s Emerging Regionalism: The Path Ahead in World Affairs – The Journal of International Issues, New Delhi, Vol. 14, No.1, Spring 2010, pp.84-101.
Importance of ICT in Distance
Education in ICT Applications in Distance Education,
· Impact of Globalization on Culture in Social Philosophy for the Realization of Globalization, Multiculturalism and the International Order, Dravidian University, Kuppam, 2009, pp. 175-182.
· Gandhi – A Globalised Personality in Gandhi and Globalisation edited by A. Ranga Reddy, Mittal Publications, New Delhi, 2009, pp. 83-88.
· Towards a New Global Order in The Dynamics of Change and Continuity in the Era of Globalisation, 2009, pp. 29-34.
Quality Higher Education in
· Globalisation - A Human Rights Perspective in World Affairs – The Journal of International Issues, New Delhi, Vol. 12, No.2, Summer 2008, pp.84- 95.
· The Dimensions of Juvenile Crime in South Asia Politics, New Delhi, Vol.7, No.3, August, 2008, pp. 29-35.
· Repercussions of Privatization on the Quality of Higher Education in India in University News – A Weekly Journal of Higher Education, New Delhi, Vol. 46, No. 28, 2008, pp. 12-16.
Ambedkar’s Work and Mission in Mainstream,
· Gandhi and Satyagraha – Validity and Relevance in South Asia Politics, New Delhi, Vol. 7, No.1, May, 2008, pp. 24-29.
· Madabhooshi Ananthasayanam Ayyangar – An Astute Parliamentarian in One India-One People, Mumbai, Vol.11/7, February, 2008, pp. 57.
Indomitable Indira – Strategist Par Excellence in
· Political Representation of Women in South Asia Politics, New Delhi, Vol.6, No.8, December, 2007, pp. 27-31.
· Integrating the Criminal justice-system in One India One People, Mumbai, Vol. 11/4, November, 2007, pp. 40-44.
· Role and Status of Women in Grassroots Governance After the 73rd Constitutional Amendment Act in Local Government Quarterly – A Journal of the All India Institute of Local Self-Government, Mumbai, Vol. LXXVII, No.3, July-September, 2007, pp. 12-18.
Successive Judgments of Supreme Court in South Asia
· NAM in a Changing World in Third Concept – An International Journal of Ideas, New Delhi, Vol.20, No. 237, November, 2006, pp. 7-12.
· Gandhian Techniques-Contemporary Relevance in Global Peace – An International Journal of Philosophy, Peace, Education, Culture and Civilization…,Meerut, Vol.6, No.2, December, 2006, pp. 3-7.
Recent Presentations at International/National Seminars/Conferences
Chaired a session on Globalization and Human rights in International
Conference on Restructuring Political Science in the Age of Globalization, at Dept.
of Political Science,
Dharwad on 25, 26, 27 March 2011.
Presented papers on
Empowering Women through Science and Technology in the International Conference on Science and Technology for Women Empowerment, sponsored by Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports, at Rajiv Gandhi National Institute of Youth Development, (RGNIYD), Sriperumbudur , 8 – 10th March 2011
Need for Effective Policies to tackle Climate Change in the Indian Ocean
Research Group (IORG) Conference on Climate change at the Indian Ocean Region Centre
for Indian Ocean Studies,
The Dimensions of Juvenile Crime in the 4th International Conference on
Child and Adolescents Psychopathology,
Quality Higher Education in India in the International Conference on Teaching and Learning in Higher Education (TLHE-2008) .Centre for Development of Teaching and Learning (CDTL) National University of Singapore, Singapore, 3-5 December 2008
Strategies for Sustainable Development
in the14 th Annual International Sustainable Development Research Conference organised
by MDI, ISDR Society at India Habitant Centre,
Socio-Economic implications of MGNREGA in the 33rd Global Conference of ICSW-The dynamics of social welfare in globalization: Lessons from the past, challenges for today and tomorrow, ICSW Tours, France, June 30th to July 4th, 2008
Knowledge Growth and Sustainable Development in the International Research Conference on Knowledge for Growth and Development, University of Colombo, Sri Lanka Foundation Institute, Colombo November 30, 2007
Presented paper on Gandhi and
Satyagraha at the Satyagraha Centenary International Conference, organized by
Satyagraha Centenary International Conference Committee, JNU,
Chaired sessions and presented papers in 24 national seminars.
Resource Person for the UGC Sensitization/Awareness/Motivation (SAM) Workshops on Capacity Building of Women Managers in Higher Education from 2010 onwards
Organized a UGC SAM Workshop on
Participated in the Regional Workshop on Urban Poverty Alleviation Plan – Preparation and Implementation, sponsored by Ministry of Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation, Govt. of India,
Participated in the National Workshop
on Urban Poverty Eradication Strategies, sponsored by Ministry of Housing and Urban
Poverty Alleviation, Govt. of India,