The Indian Institute of Public Administration will:
Constantly enhance its relationships with governments and advance its research on public governance; organise training and education courses/programmes, seminars/conferences/workshops, and public lectures/discussions for the sharing of knowledge between practitioners and academicians; engage in consultancy for the generation and application of knowledge: publish a newsletter and journal, research papers and books in print and electronic media for the wider dissemination of knowledge, activation of public interest and participation in the study and improvement of public governance, policies and implementation.
Expand the membership of the Institute and stimulate the creation and functioning of Local and Regional Branches, nationally and internationally; facilitate the interactivity and networking of people who share the Institutes interests and catalyze their productive contribution; increase cooperation, collaboration, partnerships and strategic alliances with other leading national and international organisations and institutions for the purpose of study and improvement of public governance, policies and implementation.
Set an example of excellence in public governance by encouraging the development of a humanistic, democratic and collegial environment in the Institute and all its organs and the creation of a learning culture that values freedom of thought, inquiry, expression, sharing, innovation, teamwork and dissent and respects the unique professional genius of each individual and by developing and utilising distinctive strengths, foster a quality of individuality, teamwork and organisation with exemplary standards of competence, integrity, transparency and trust wherein each person experiences a sense of personal worth, importance and self-esteem; uphold the Rule of Law and be equitable, ethical and just in its functioning and relationships with all stakeholders; and, do such other lawful things as are conducive to the fulfillment of the above aims, values and vision.
In working to fulfill this mission, the IIPA is guided by the following principles:-
- Trainee driven.
- Aim for quality growth in existing and future training programmes.
- Establish strategic alliances and partnerships with other Institutions both nationally and internationally.
- Systematically move towards resource based training.
- Offer a wide range of high quality facilities to the trainees.
- Endeavor to enhance the number of sponsored programmes for specific organisations in specialised areas.
- Increase the proportion of the budget spent directly on training.
- Move gradually in a phased manner in the direction of minimising supply based training courses to demand based training programmes.
- Become a national centre of international repute by way of assimilating modern training technology in its training thrust.